Beginning Thursday, April 30, three of BREC’s six golf courses will reopen for play: Santa Maria, Beaver Creek and Webb Memorial golf courses.
Woody Dumas, J.S. Clark and Historic City Park golf courses will reopen on Friday, May 1, 2020. Tee times will be extended to every 12-minutes in order to keep safe distances between groups.
One of the many practices put into place for your protection is the ability to Pre-pay for your visit. To pay in advance for a tee time, please use the following links:
Additional safety measures put in place to further protect the public and BREC staff include the following:
- No cash transactions will be accepted, credit cards or gift cards only accepted.
- A discounted rate will be provided to customers who pre-pay their green fees online for less interaction with staff at the golf courses using this link:
- Limited or no access to the clubhouse – Sales transactions will occur at a door or window.
- Limited access to clubhouse bathrooms, where access is available through a separate entrance.
- Tee times will be extended to every 12-minutes in order to keep safe distances between groups.
- “Walk-on” (non-tee time) play may be unavailable or very limited at busier facilities.
- Cart rentals are for single riders only and carts will be sanitized after each use.
- Cart rentals will be limited, as some course may be ‘walking only’ for some portion of the day.
- Multiple signs will be displayed on courses to remind golfers to maintain safe distances.
- No outing groups, tournaments or organized play of more than 10 people will be allowed.
- Employees will complete a daily health screening questionnaire.
- Masks and gloves will be provided to staff and frequent disinfecting schedules will be mandated.
Before BREC closed golf courses, the following safety measures had been put in place and will continue for the foreseeable future:
- Golfers who feel sick are asked to remain at home.
- Golfers are not allowed to touch the flagstick.
- Hole liners are upside down so the ball can’t fully fall into the hole.
- No bunker rakes on the course, golfers are asked to do their best to smooth the sand.
- Water coolers are removed from the course.
- Ball-washers are removed or covered.